Hill Country Daily Bread Ministries
- Non-Profit Organization
In 2000, David and Agnes Hubbard began to nurture a vision. Local area churches also wished to combine their faith with good works by helping families in need so 30 families were identified to receive food boxes and Hill Country Daily Bread Ministries (HCDBM) was born. HCDBM incorporated as a 501(c)3 and received its federal tax exemption status on January 7, 2004.
Our partner churches are the hands, feet, and heart of our distributions. Volunteers from 70 area churches personally invest in the lives of those receiving food and clothing by delivering much needed supplies, becoming their mentor and prayer partner, counseling and coaching families in crisis; and pairing families with other community services and interventions on a consistent and long-term basis.
Our Family Mentors are trained to meet the needs, spiritual and physical, of the families they mentor. We provide diapers to babies, Depends to seniors, food and clothing to families, Christian literature and Bibles through our Kingdom Kids Club, Easter and Christmas gifts, mentoring for at-risk children through our Stand By Me Program in cooperation with BISD.
HCDBM now has over 3,000 trained volunteers, 150 community partners, and 20 mentoring churches. We have grown to serve over 20,000 people annually ranging from newborn to age 95. Come join us as we assist the hands of the our Lord Jesus Christ.
- FAITH: Faith in Christ gives us unity of purpose
- LOVE: Loving one another because Christ Loves us,
- HOPE: Helping the poor find hope anchored in Christ,
- RELATIONSHIPS: Committed volunteers mentoring families and students and provide long term life changing relationships,
- TRANSFORMATION: Community mobilized to share God's grace with those in poverty and need through direct assistance.
Whom to Contact
- Agnes HubbardDirector
- Mary Sue HurdtDonor Development Project and Event Administrator38 Cascade Caverns RoadBoerne, TX 78006Phone: (830) 755-5200Fax: (830) 755-5252
On IH 10 access South of Boerne, Texas, turn east on Industrial Drive and go to almost the end of the block. Look for a white warehouse on the right with a volunteer sign on the fence.