Do you enjoy being at the pool, keeping others safe, and having fun? The Boerne Parks Department is looking for a Team Player with a guest first attitude to share the love of aquatics with all park guests. In addition, they are looking for an employee that is committed to public service and exhibits the City’s core values: Service, Excellence, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration. If this is you, we would love to add your talent and love for aquatics to our team.
The Pool Manager is directly responsible for the overall functioning of the City swimming pool. This is a supervisory role, which involves a clear understanding of pool maintenance & safety measures. The role also includes the management, training & supervision of subordinates, promotion of aquatic activities & customer relationships. The Pool Manager is also responsible for all aspects of swim lessons including instruction & scheduling.
- Knowledge of operation of a swimming pool, including sanitation, maintenance, safety, & public relations.
- Swimming pool cash management operations & record keeping.
- Principles, practices & application of lifesaving & first aid techniques; emergency services available; rules & regulations pertaining to the pool use.
- Ability to move items up to 50 lbs.
- Previous lifeguard experience preferred.
Must possess current American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor and/or Lifeguard training with CPR & First Aid certifications, or completion/recertification of such prior to the opening of the City pool.
Salary: $15.00 Hourly/DOE (seasonal May 30 – August 6, 2023)
Closing Date: Until filled
To apply, visit www.ci.boerne.tx.us & apply online.
The City of Boerne is an Equal Opportunity Employer.