Do you enjoy being at the pool, keeping others safe, and having fun? The Boerne Parks Department is looking for a Team Player with a guest first attitude to share the love of aquatics with all park guests. In addition, they are looking for an employee that is committed to public service and exhibits the City’s core values: Service, Excellence, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration. If this is you, we would love to add your talent and love for aquatics to our team.
The Head Lifeguard is directly responsible to the Pool Manager for duties pertaining to the operation, maintenance and safety of the city pool and supervision and direction of guard staff. Is responsible for performing skilled work in the enforcement of regulations and protection of human life at the public pool, responsible for the enforcement of pool regulations and the rescue of swimmers in distress. Runs simple tests to ascertain the chlorine content of the water.
- Knowledge of operation of a swimming pool, including sanitation, maintenance, safety & public relations.
- Swimming pool cash management operations & record keeping.
- Principles, practices & application of lifesaving & first aid techniques. Emergency services available: rules & regulations pertaining to the pool use.
- Ability to move items up to 50 lbs.
- Previous lifeguard experience preferred.
Current Red Cross Lifeguard Certificate or the equivalent thereof, or completion of training upon hire & prior to the opening of the City Pool. Current American Red Cross First Aid Certificate & current Red Cross CPR Certificate.
Salary: $12.50 Hourly/DOE (seasonal May 30 – August 6, 2023)
Closing Date: Until filled
To apply, visit www.ci.boerne.tx.us & apply online.
The City of Boerne is an Equal Opportunity Employer.