FYZICAL Boerne is hiring certified fitness instructors for our FYZICAL Fitness & Wellness Studio.
We are hiring instructors certified in the area of Pilates, Barre, Yoga, and more. The Fitness Instructor is responsible for conducting multiple fitness classes to fitness studio clients, as well as to recently discharged Physical Therapy patients who are transitioning into our Medical Exercise Program. We prefer instructors who are highly knowledgeable in exercise form, technique, and modification for all fitness levels and body types. Day, weekend, and evening classes are available.
What are we looking for?
- Must hold current fitness certification in one or more specific fitness formats from an approved education company. Specifically, we are looking for barre, yoga, and Pilates instructors – we are also open to instructors certified in other areas as well as Certified Personal Trainers.
- Must have current CPR/AED certification or must be willing to obtain within 60 days of hire.
- Prefer at least one year of experience instructing group fitness classes and/or personal training. Candidates with less experience will still be considered if we feel you are the right fit for our team!
- Must possess general knowledge of group exercise format and equipment (specific to your certification type), basic cardiovascular, flexibility, and strength training components, and health and wellness techniques. We prefer candidates that are knowledgeable of exercise physiology, injury prevention, exercise technique, and body mechanics.
- Must be able to train individuals of all fitness levels.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written.
- Must be detailed orientated and organized.
- Must possess excellent communication and listening skills.
- Must be positive, motivating, and upbeat, and be professional in appearance and demeanor.
- Must be passionate about creating an exceptional guest experience.
- Relevant, 1 year (Preferred)
- CPR/AED (Required within 60 days of hire)
- Proof of certification in specific fitness type/format.
Job Type: Part-Time
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver group exercise class instruction to both able body participants and post-physical therapy participants.
- Design and deliver group exercise routines for participants of all ability levels, ensure safety of participants, and modify specific exercises to accommodate various skill levels.
- Provide fun, energizing, safe, and memorable experiences, and excellent customer service to our class participants.
- Accurately document class attendance records and any relevant participant feedback.
- Attend all required staff meetings and continuing education opportunities.
- Maintain required certification(s) by completing continuing education requirements.