GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Assists in the upkeep and maintenance of city public areas, including but not limited to parks and athletic fields, city buildings and facilities.
CONFORMANCE TO CITY VALUES
Work product models established corporate culture in conformance with City’s stated values.
- Integrity: We adhere to and demonstrate the highest ethical standards.
- Service: We improve our community and better people’s lives.
- Respect: We value every person, our community and heritage, and our environment.
- Excellence: We perform at the highest level.
- Collaboration: We cooperate to achieve the best outcomes.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains Facilities and other city grounds by mowing, trimming, planting grass, trees, flowers, and shrubs using a variety of light equipment, hand tools, and chainsaws.
- Performs construction, remodeling, repairs and preventive maintenance on city facilities and grounds as needed.
- Cleans and maintains city facilities, parks grounds, and pavilions.
- Cleans and sanitizes restrooms, including fixtures, floors and mirrors, also replenishes soap and paper goods.
- Performs light carpentry, electrical, irrigation and/or plumbing duties as needed.
- Loads, transports, and unloads necessary materials and equipment for assigned projects.
- Assists in setting up tents, tables, and chairs for City-sponsored special events and rentals as directed.
- Assists in performing maintenance and routine repairs at city parks, athletic fields, including the assembly of equipment.
- Picks up refuse from facilities and grounds: empties trash cans and barrels and disposes of properly.
- May assist with concrete application and with form building ;
- May assist other personnel with painting facilities, such as restrooms and buildings as well as other items like tables and barrels;
- Serves as essential emergency personnel when required;
- Regular and prompt attendance is an essential function of the position; and
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
High School graduation or its equivalent; or sufficient education to understand and follow instructions; or
Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the assigned duties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES REQUIRED
Knowledge of: basic custodial and gardening techniques; light carpentry, electrical and plumbing
Skill/Ability to: operate standard custodial and garden equipment safely; understand and follow instructions; work alone with minimum supervision; tolerate outside working conditions, including adverse weather conditions; and establish and maintain effective working relationship with co-workers and the general public
Safety/Physical Requirements: Heavy. Tasks involve bending, lifting walking, carrying, and using a force equal to ninety (90) pounds.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSES REQUIRED
Appropriate Texas Driver’s License.
Work Environment: Indoor/ Outdoor extreme weather conditions: Work schedule: 5 days a week to include Holidays and weekends between Monday and Sunday with alternate work hours.
Reports to: Parks Superintendent & Assistant Parks Superintendent/or Parks Crew Leader
Directs: Non-supervisory position
Other: Has contact with other city employees, local veterinarians, Texas Department of Health and Human Services Inspectors, area law enforcement officers, and the general public
Hourly: $17.46-$21.82 Annually: $36,316.80-$45,385.60
MAY 2023- AUGUST 2023
The City of Boerne is an equal opportunity employer.