To apply for this role, you must fill out the job application posted here: https://app.trinethire.com/companies/10781-merge/jobs/72905-edu-inside-sales-representative-entry-level
Location: Remote (must be based in USA)
Benefits: Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Life and Stock Option Plan
Compensation: 42K plus commission based on gross margin, adding something along the lines of an incremental 20-35% above salary
Merge is an educational technology startup that develops Merge EDU, a hands-on digital learning platform that helps students learn science and STEM effectively using digital teaching aids and simulations they can touch, hold and interact with. Our customers are K-12 educators, administrators, and leaders.
As EDU Inside Sales Representative, you’ll be tasked with creating new sales opportunities through email marketing campaigns and outbound calling activities, as well as fielding inbound inquiries. You work well under pressure, you easily initiate relaxed but informative two-way interactions with prospective customers, and you are highly self-motivated.
- Create target prospect lists, develop messaging, execute email marketing campaigns.
- Respond to inbound inquiries, including email responses, scheduling and performing demo sales sessions, and providing quotes.
- Call existing clients to drive renewals and expansions of subscription licensing agreements.
- Cold call into prospects generated by a variety of outside sources.
- Ensure successful follow through of the sales cycle by maintaining accurate activity and lead/opportunity information in CRM.
- Track performance results of all sales campaigns.
- 1+ years of successful experience in a sales position.
- Experience selling educational technology products is a major plus.
- Classroom teaching experience is a plus. Experience teaching science and/or STEM is a major plus.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with excellent listening skills and a positive and energetic presence via conference tools and phone.
- Extremely self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- High level of integrity and strong commitment toward building a successful company.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with CRM software is preferred.
- Proven ability to learn new technologies, including our products as well as internal tools.
- Experience with MS Office / Google Workspace.
- Bachelor’s degree (or experience equivalent) in business, marketing, or education is preferred.