Farmer’s Market & Gift Shop Coordinator
Part Time – 20 hours a week (mainly weekends)
Location: Boerne, TX
The Cibolo Center for Conservation mission is to promote the conservation of natural resources through education and stewardship. We provide programming for children, youth, adults and families while protecting land, water and wildlife. The Cibolo has two campuses, the Cibolo Nature Center and historic Herff Farm. The Farm is a center for sustainable living where the community finds inspiring, practical ways to live in harmony with nature. Sustainable living enhances the quality of our lives and the lives of future generations by protecting our natural resources for years to come.
Job Description Summary
The Farmers Market & Gift Shop Coordinator provides the necessary coordination and assistance to execute the goals and objectives of the Farmers Market at the Herff Farm and the Cibolo Nature Center gift shop. The position reports directly to the Events Manager and works closely with the Vice President of Finance and Administration. Hours will vary week to week depending on timeline and tasks as assigned. Generally, 20 hours a week, occasionally more w/prior approval. The position will mainly work on Saturday and Sunday with some in-person and remote administrative tasks during the week.
- Retail experience preferred.
- Organic/local agricultural knowledge or experience a plus
- Experience with SQUARE point of sale preferred.
- Event planning experience
- Must have excellent planning and organization skills, detail oriented.
- Good communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Computer/Tech savvy
- Excellent customer service and people management skills
- Must display leadership qualities as well as the ability to take and follow guidelines mandated by the Market Oversight Committee
- Comfortable with a collaborative teamwork environment.
- Takes ownership of job, self-directed, reliable.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, manage groups/ activities, and meet deadlines with limited supervision.
- Creative, innovative, energetic self-starter who likes a challenge.
- Must enjoy nature and working outdoors.
- Able to work Saturdays and Sundays
- Experience working with youths is a plus.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or GED
- Proven relevant work experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that balance professionalism, diplomacy, and compassion.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as needed.
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to perform some physical labor in outdoor setting, including in inclement weather.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, lift, carry up to 60lbs.
- Can safely operate vehicles and equipment.
- Must possess a valid State of Texas driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Gift Shop:
- Greet and direct customers.
- Provide information about other offerings as needed.
- Ensure merchandise inventory and racks are fully stocked.
- Clean and tidy up the store.
- Write or deliver reports to manager.
- Create product displays to attract customers.
- Provide accurate information (e.g., product features, pricing, and after-sales services)
- Answer customers' questions about specific products/services.
- Farmer’s Market
- Sell Cibolo merchandise at the Cibolo booth (and work with Volunteers)
- Set up and break down booth set up.
- Ensure the Farm location is fully stocked.
- Recruit, and vet the highest quality local farmer/vendors
- Process applications and collect fees.
- Food truck recruitment.
- Market compliance oversight.
- Set and map vendor locations/ vendor parking.
- Communicate weekly w/vendors.
- Prepare/execute annual Market timeline.
- Serve as liaison to community as needed.
- Create reports from survey data from attendees/vendors.
- Work with Marketing Coordinator
- Take cell phone pictures for social media on market days.
- Share weekly vendor and food truck list.
- Set up/Tear Down (Use checklists)
- Coordinate Volunteers
- Communicate weekly with Programs Department regarding other weekend workshops & children’s activities.
- Follow State Regulations
- Work with Health Department/permitting.
- Summarize all pertinent law regulating activities at Farmers Market: i.e. baked goods, canned goods, milk and cheese products, wine and beer sales, definition of ‘organic’ etc.
- Enforce written policy & procedure.
- Keep online database updated.
- Develop and sell Farmers Market specific merchandise.
- Communicate property needs/issues to supervisor.
On Market Day
- Set and map vendor locations/parking.
- Prepare chalkboard signs.
- Supervise volunteers if needed.
- Properly store all equipment from the elements.
- Greet and visit with shoppers.
- Work at the merchandise booth and sell Cibolo/ Herff Farm items.
- Signage and setup/teardown.
- Final property inspection before lock-up.
Please submit a letter of introduction and a current resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Farmers Market & Gift Shop Coordinator.