SUMMARY: Coordinating activities involved with procuring and tracking goods and services such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, and supplies for organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews purchase requirements and requisitions.
- Selects products for management review or purchase by researching, testing, observing, or examining items.
- Confer with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Estimates values according to knowledge and research of market price.
- Prepares purchase orders or bid requests.
- Maintains status of orders through entire process.
- Maintains records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- Monitors and reports on supplier performance.
- Process receipts and expedites delivery of goods to users.
- Approves invoices for payment.
- Works with production personnel to accurately report and track physical inventory.
- Maintains inventory records in database.
- Participates in inventory process and audits; researches and helps to resolves inventory discrepancies.
- Coordinates resolution of material related issues with the appropriate departments and/or suppliers to ensure availability of required materials.
- Supports group objectives for material cost reduction, Supplier OTD, inventory reduction, supplier quality, and supplier lead times.
- Performs required administrative tasks; prepares all required reports and correspondence.
Other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient on Word, Excel, Outlook. Experience in Epicor Enterprise Software a plus. CATE.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Negotiates pricing and terms; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to stand and walk. The employee is required to sit frequently. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs. occasionally is required. Specific vision abilities include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. Employee must have closed toe, rubber sole shoes to wear anytime they are required to be in the factory. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
BENEFITS: OW Lee offers the following benefits to their employees after probation period:
Medical, Dental & Vision including HSA/HMO/PPO Health Care Plans.
$15,000 Life insurance at no cost to the employee with the option to purchase additional insurance for them and family at low rates.
401k Retirement Plan
Vacation & Sick Pay
10 Paid Holidays