Part Time- 3-4 days per week (4-7pm January-April and October-December, 5-8pm May-September) Schedule and hours may vary, but will average 15 hours per week.
Reports To: Building and Grounds Manager
Position Scope: The Park Ranger is responsible for keeping the Cibolo Nature Center & Farm clean, green and safe to ensure an excellent visitor experience every day.
- Inspects, maintains and improves grounds, landscapes, facilities, structures, and site amenities
- Actively engages with visitors to provide excellent hospitality and visitor experience; shares mission, history and news and information with visitors
- Supports team in facility rentals, volunteer projects, events and programs
- Manages litter, debris and recyclable materials daily to ensure a clean park
- Responsible for daily sanitation of grounds and restrooms.
- Closes park entry gates and public buildings nightly
- Communicates and enforces CNC&F rules
- Collect photo permit fees from photographers
- Work with and help manage volunteers and community service workers of all ages
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Ability Requirements
- High school or GED
- Proven relevant work experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that balance professionalism, diplomacy and compassion
- Ability to work nights, weekends, holidays as needed
- Ability to perform routine maintenance when needed
- Ability to perform strenuous physical labor in outdoor setting, including in inclement weather
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach and work in a constant pace; lift and carry 50 pounds; carry, climb and work on a ladder
- Can safely operate vehicles and equipment
- Must possess a valid State of Texas driver’s license
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus