Purpose: This position is responsible for maintaining, training, supporting, and developing our churches, clients, and family mentors. This position fulfills the purpose of carrying out the mission statement of HCDBM by implementing ministry foundations to help both the church’s family mentoring ministry and clients to succeed in meeting their spiritual, physical, and emotional goals. The Family Mentoring Case Manager will be held accountable for each of these areas in their day-to-day office time. These areas will include but are not limited to: Case Management of Churches and Clients and office collaborations.
Case Management of Churches and Clients
- Maintain active caseload of client families to ensure compliance with HCDBM guidelines to move clients towards their goals in fulfillment of HCDBM mission.
- Implement HCDBM Care Box process for all new clients.
- Case Management of Family Mentor Matches by providing oversight, enforcing accountability, providing family support and timely communication about outcomes in the relationship to churches, families and HCDBM staff.
- Ensure reporting & data management of assigned church and client caseload is accurate and up to date each month for use by Training and Partner Development Team and Data Support Specialist.
- Develop and maintain supportive relationships with assigned church partners by engaging in ongoing communication with members of church team.
Internal Department Expectations
- Ensure program data and impact stories are turned in to meet monthly and quarterly deadlines for use by the department for internal decision making and for the development department to use in grant and donor initiatives.
- Be a resource and advocate for families that are served by HCDBM by working Friday night resource distributions and quarterly Saturday clothing distributions.
- Collaborate and refer to Stand By Me for families in need of additional support for their children.
- Maintain compliance with department structure, processes, and ministry goals.
- Work in conjunction with department team members to build an excellent ministry through obedience to God’s plan.
- Confesses Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, active member of a gospel-centered location Christian church, demonstrates ongoing growth in Christian maturity
- Bilingual Preferred (English & Spanish)
- Prior experience in case management or related ministry work
- Valid Drivers License
- Work Friday Night resource distributions and quarterly Saturday clothing distributions.
- Ability to drive and travel to church partner sites for client intakes and mentor matches.
- Able to successfully organize multiple projects and ensure timely execution of associated tasks
- Able to write proficiently in professional business style
- Able to clearly communicate the mission and distinctives of HCDBM to all inquirers
- The above skills and job description may be altered slightly based on the needs
- Written Communications
- Priority setting
- Process Management
- Managing through Systems
- Building Effective Teams
- Time Management
- Managing Vision and Purpose