Position Purpose: This position is responsible for furthering the Christian mission and vision of Hill Country Daily Bread Ministries by managing and executing fundraising efforts within the development department. This role is to strategically and proactively cultivate and manage relationships with current and prospective donors to achieve fundraising goals.
The candidate should be able to operate and communicate at a high level, have a development mindset and a mature walk with the Lord along with a deep understanding and buy in of the mission of Hill Country Daily Bread Ministries.
Key Result Areas:
- Directly develop and grow relationships within the eight county service area with existing and prospective financial donors through community involvement and outreach, phone calls, meetings and tours in order to achieve funding goals and forward the mission of Hill Country Daily Bread Ministries.
- Under the direction of the Director of Development manage the assigned donor portfolio.
- Develop expertise in using the Donor Perfect software.
- Identify and research donors in your portfolio and focus on engaging them relationally.
- Proactively reach out to current and potential donors in your portfolio with phone calls, meetings and tours to cultivate, solicit and steward.
- Have personal interaction weekly with donors in your portfolio in the form of face-to-face meetings, phone conversations, participation in small groups with other donors and other creative engagements.
- Invite all the donors in your portfolio to not only attend the vision dinner but also be sponsors and/or donate auction items.
- Strategically and proactively develop and maintain key long-term relationships with donors and prospects in your donor portfolio.
- Grow donor relationships in all eight service counties through relationships with key partners and community resources.
- Participate in activities and events within the community as a representative of the ministry to enhance the organization’s community profile including but not limited to Chamber of Commerce events, meetings and contacts.
- Create, develop and host donor events to raise funds and increase exposure.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree Initiative with an entrepreneurial work style
4-5 years of fundraising or sales experience Persistence & tenacity with a teachable spirit
2-3 years management experience
Comfort representing Christian mission and vision
Key Competencies: (Lominger)
3. Customer Focus
4. Interpersonal Savvy
6. Presentation Skills
7. Sizing Up People
8. Time Management
9. Action Oriented
10. Written Communications