Director of Family Mentor Resource Program
Organization: Hill Country Daily Bread Ministries is the regional catalyst that provides programs, resources, and support to address the complex issues of poverty for individuals, families, at risk children and youth in the Texas Hill Country and San Antonio Area. HCDBM’s programs directly impact lives by addressing their physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs blending modern food banking with intentional case management and one on one mentoring in collaboration with regional church partners.
Candidate: Family Mentor Resource Program Director will be a driven, dynamic, self-directed, and energetic Christian leader passionate about assisting individuals and families struggling in poverty to meet their spiritual, physical, and emotional goals towards stability. Candidate will provide vision, oversite, and direction to case managers and training teams that provide support to clients and church mentoring partners.
The Program Director is accountable for managing staff performance, and external programs.
S/he will exhibit determination, creative problem solving, confidence, a collaborative spirit, and an inspired approach that will influence and motivate key stakeholders, donors, partners, and staff. Working with the Director of Mentoring Ministries and Director of Strategic Partnerships and other key stakeholders. The FMR Program Director will build strategies to achieve program goals and will ensure effective execution ensuring the ongoing success of HCDBM’s mission among children, families and volunteers served.
This position is responsible for managing and training, and developing the programs associated with client management, church case management and mentor relationships. This position fulfills the purpose of carrying out the mission statement of HCDBM.
- Strategic Vision, Planning & Execution in partnership with the CEO and Mentoring Ministries Director. Assists in development and execution of HCDBM’s strategic vision.
- In partnership with the Mentoring Ministries Director, assists and/or leads decision-making regarding short- and long-term key program performance indicators, benchmarks, and timelines to actively manage program design and priorities.
- Designs and manages the implementation of enrichment programs and events.
- Completes all necessary assessments and grant reporting as it pertains to programs.
- Compiles and prepares data for monthly key performance indicator reports to monitor and coach staff regarding personal performance on a weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
- Over sees effectiveness of case management, training and quality of mentor matches, supervisory and relationship management best practices and, as appropriate.
- Oversees case managers and resource staff to ensure the implementation of case management protocol including updated action plans, phone calls, resource development and compliance with HCDBM guidelines is followed.
- Oversees mentor specialist to ensure the quality of the training and continuing education of mentors.
- Cultivates and nurtures strategic relationships with key human service, agencies, Churches, educational organizations, civic groups, faith-based para-church ministries, and workplace partners to ensure optimum program design, training, church, community, and volunteer participation.
- Collaborates with Director of Strategic Partnerships in the onboarding and growth of church partnerships.
- Maintain awareness and proactive communication regarding the health of church relationships.
- Develops and oversees the health and effectiveness of Church Mentoring Teams in partner churches and participates in and the continuing education of church partner teams and Mentors.
- Confesses Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, active member of a gospel-centered location Christian church, demonstrates ongoing growth in Christian maturity.
- Bilingual Preferred but not required (English & Spanish)
- 3+ years’ experience in nonprofit program design and development
- 3+ years of managerial experience
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to drive and travel.
- Able to successfully organize multiple projects and ensure timely execution of associated tasks.
- Able to write and speak proficiently and effectively in professional business style.
- Able to clearly communicate the mission and distinctives of HCDBM.
- Directing Others
- Written Communications
- Motivating Others
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Developing Direct Reports and Others
- Priority setting
- Process Management
- Managing through Systems
- Building Effective Teams
- Time Management
- Managing Vision and Purpose
- Biblically literate and able to apply knowledge.