The Cibolo Nature Center & Farm’s (CNC&F) mission is conservation of natural resources through education and stewardship. We provide programming for children, youth, adults and families protecting and managing a 100-acre Nature Center and 60-acre historic Farm.
The Development Assistant plays a primary support role for a fast-paced Development office that is charged with meeting financial goals through a robust individual and major gifts program, annual giving program, and special events. This position will be responsible for member cultivation and stewardship in addition to comprehensive event management for the Development Department. The Development Assistant reports to the Director of Development and also supports the Chief Executive Officer.
- Support and maintain the vision, mission, priorities, and guiding principles of CNC&F and the strategic fundraising strategies and business needs.
- Comprehensive coordination and management for fundraising events (including annual gala) and donor events including coordination of staff and volunteer committee involvement.
- Help manage events and membership development activities for the CNC&F. Help develop annual plans for assigned activities, including goals, objectives and follow-up.
- Manage homeowner membership program with planned communities
- Under the supervision of the Director of Development, manage member recruitment opportunities through a variety of channels. Additionally, work with the Development Team to identify and execute retention strategies for current members
- Provide a high level of service to foster strong relationships with members, non-members, past donors and partners.
- Work with the Database Coordinator to manage, track and report on member and event data.
- Provide general support for the CEO and Development Department for smooth internal functioning and communications.
- Assist with administrative details associated with meetings and Capital and Annual Campaign activities.
- Coordinate cross-departmentally to ensure clear allocation of responsibilities, management of deadlines, and task completion.
- Attend and participate in weekly meetings of Development Department.
- Perform prospect research and record pertinent donor data and research information.
- Maintain a calendar of pertinent deadlines for the Development Department.
- Night and weekend hours will be required for events and programs.
- OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities. A strong attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure with frequent interruptions is critical. Must have the ability to work effectively as a team player, as well as independently. A high level of discretion is required.
A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and two years of development experience is preferred.
Must be able to lift up to 50lbs and be able to work outdoors.