We are looking for a Communications Specialist to work on-site at our Boerne, Texas location, with exceptional writing and graphics skills. This person will produce high-quality content that engages readers, tells compelling stories, builds brand recognition, and increases funding from fundraisers.
Your main duties will include creating informative content, articles, and communications to share our ministry’s brand, stories and services. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, with meticulous attention to detail, work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to multitask and adapt in a changing environment. To ensure success, this person should be innovative, organized, and self-motivated with a love for Jesus and others.
Position Purpose: This position is responsible for furthering the mission of Hill Country Daily Bread Ministries by executing marketing and communication efforts within the development department and throughout the ministry. This role is to create and execute donor specific communication campaigns, plan and execute marketing and social media efforts and serve as the point of contact to develop all ministry fliers and communication pieces to ensure a unified and consistent look.
The candidate should be able to operate and communicate at a high level, have a development mindset and a mature walk with the Lord along with a deep understanding and support the mission of Hill Country Daily Bread Ministries.
Reports to: Debi Watson, Communications and Auction Manager
Key Result Areas:
- Working closely with the Communications Manager and in collaboration with the Development Team, and HCDBM Directors, create and execute ministry marketing, and donor communications
- Develop content that engages different audiences and leads to measurable action through audience growth, engagement, and giving.
- Create and send all communication efforts including but not limited to social media posts, e-newsletters, ministry letters, ministry newsletters, radio/TV/print and website using donor-centric language
- Proactively work with the ministry to collect and write content for each communication channel ensuring that all communication not only includes all relevant data and facts, but that it outlines the impact donors have had on that story and how their support will further the impact their community
- Conduct and present an overall analysis of all communication channels providing ongoing recommendations on content, timing, subject lines, and growing audiences
- Proactively develop and execute materials (print, video, etc.) to increase funding from fundraisers and events including but not limited to Vision Dinner, Giving Tuesday, Big Give, and community events
- Proactively update the ministry website and ensure all information provided is up to date and accurate and is in line with donor communication campaigns
- Utilize in-depth knowledge and understanding of existing and emerging social media platforms to implement and grow donor and volunteer engagement - track and measure level of engagement.
- Serve as a support to the entire ministry in the development and creation of marketing materials including but not limited to fliers, programs, invitations, brochures, and videos to ensure a consistent brand throughout the ministry
- Proactively communicate with each department to understand what types of fliers or information pieces they may need
- Create the material and ensure it is in line with the brand of the ministry and has a uniform look with other materials
- Provide and build relevant and up to date content for each of the TV monitors, website, social media banners, and other possible communication areas throughout the ministry
- Serve as the point of contact for website updates ensuring ministry wide content is accurate and up to date
- Manage and develop individual volunteers and volunteer teams to not only execute associated tasks but encourage spiritual growth while showing the love of Jesus
- Build relationships with volunteers while attempting to engage them further both spiritually and professionally.
- Build volunteer teams, with leaders, to take ownership of executing tasks this role is responsible for completing including but not limited to events, communication and donor efforts.
- Work with volunteers to ensure mailings are completed and sent timely.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Public Relations or Communications Preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years relevant experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines
- Highly computer literate with capability with email, MS Office and related business and communication tools
- Comfort representing Christian mission and vision of HCDBM