The Care Navigator is under the direct supervision of the Director of Care Navigation. A Care Navigator will be doing important, meaningful work that bridges the gaps in care to save lives. Based on a person and family-centered plan of care, the Care Navigator is the linchpin to providing continuity of care across the spectrum of health services including physical and behavioral healthcare, social services, housing, educational systems, and employment opportunities as necessary to facilitate the wellness and recovery of the whole person. This position must provide a consistently high-quality experience for individuals and families in services. This position is fully dedicated to being the Care Navigator for the Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic Expansion Grant under the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). Flexible days of the week and hours will be required to meet the needs of the community. Remote work options. The Grant is a two-year award and funding may end at that time. HCMHDD Centers will reapply for future funding opportunities to sustain the grant but in the event funding is not extended, grant staff can apply for other positions within the agency for a transfer.
You will get to:
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary Care Team to support change in the lives of persons with behavioral health challenges by collaborating with teammates and community, healthcare, and social service providers
- Provide great customer service by viewing individuals and families in services as people that we are meant to help; daily activities should focus on improving the quality of care provided to those in our services
- Work directly with the Director of Care Navigation to reassess client risk needs
- Addresses barriers to care or referrals, and is resourceful in problem solving
- Initiate, track, and close the loop on referrals to individuals or families in services
- Complete follow-up on all referrals within 10 business days as measured by 95% of referrals having a documented follow-up with the referred individual and/or the service provider
- Effectively and professionally communicate with individuals or families throughout the process of care via email, phone, tele-video or face-to-face
- Independently manage a complex caseload of multi-need individuals or families
- Quickly build rapport and respond to individuals and families in a compassionate and caring manner while providing customized approaches to issues and concerns.
You’ll definitely need:
- Experience working in a mental health or primary care setting.
- A High School Diploma or GED.
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Preferred) *If applying as a CMA, applicant must have graduated from an approved school for Medical Assistants and possess a valid National Certification for Medical Assistant (NMCA) to practice in the state of Texas*
- Have a valid Texas State Driver’s License.
- Have current automobile insurance and the ability to travel to individuals when necessary.
We’ll also want you to:
- Employ excellent verbal and written communication skills to engage and report effectively.
- Maintain a well-organized schedule while allowing room for flexibility and adjustments.
- Maintain accurate and timely collaborative documentation.
- Sustain a calm demeanor when under pressure to meet deadlines and handle sometimes difficult situations.
- Provide exemplary customer service and care to individuals with their best interest at heart.
- Work autonomously to complete assignments within company and state parameters with a high level of quality.
- Complete and maintain both CPR certification and Prevention and Management of Aggressive Behavior training.
We’re excited to provide:
- Employer paid PPO health insurance plan for employee making less than $40k per year, with option to add dependents.
- PPO or DHMO dental plans and vision insurance options for healthy teeth and eyes.
- Employer paid life insurance.
- 403(b) and 457 retirement plan options with company matching (457) to build retirement savings so you can retire someday.
- Generous paid time off for fun and vacations and paid sick time for when you’re under the weather.
- Authentic and caring environment where folks care about each other and want to do good in the world.
We can pay you:
$20.00 per hour with benefits plus good karma for doing good in the world.