The primary purpose of this position is to assist Generations Federal Credit Union to live out its Mission, Do the Right Thing, by providing remarkable service to both external members and internal members. Responsible for bringing our brand to life and keeping it consistent across all touchpoints through the creation and maintenance of marketing assets and content created to support strategic marketing goals.
- Scope and create designs and other content for marketing collateral, maintaining a consistent brand voice, message, look and feel across all platforms and programs. Design marketing and communications focused on increased brand awareness, member retention and acquisition, increased product adoption, and enhanced communications with existing and potential members.
- Write content for marketing communications as required, and edit copy produced by internal partners to create resources to drive awareness and generate leads. Examples include guides, white papers, infographics, and other marketing assets designed to promote the credit union brand.
- As directed, work with outside technology providers, marketing consultants and vendors that support our digital marketing initiatives, to reach desired performance results including project timing and scope.
- Coordinate timely design and delivery of marketing assets related to paid and unpaid marketing and advertising campaigns, including traditional and digital media programs.
- Create collateral for credit union Lines of Business design needs, such as presentations, point-of-sale pieces and signage for retail events and other point of sale.
- Track changes and update content in marketing mediums to ensure that all product details, features and regulatory language are current and compliant. Clear copyright for use of protected, third-party content.
- Script and create videos for internal and external communications.
- Actively seek opportunities to promote staff success stories to both internal and external audiences.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, Advertising or closely related field.
Must have two (2) years experience in marketing, sales or event planning, preferably in a financial institution.
Must have the following skills and/or abilities:
- Creative thinking, enthusiasm and outgoing personality.
- Ability to work independently, within a team and cross-functionally.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics, needs and requirements.
- Ability to communicate results to management and in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Wordpress or similar CMS
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop).
- Proficient in performing Internet research for consumer-related activities.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize within a multi-tasked environment.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
Must be flexible in schedule to work after-hours events.
Must be able to:
- Stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Lift 10-20 lbs. of boxes or other types of materials.
- Climb, stoop, and/or kneel while displaying marketing materials or other tasks.
- To deliver service that is in alignment with the credit union’s Service Promises:
- Treat members with a positive attitude.
- Listen to and fully understand the members’ needs.
- Offer solutions that meet the members’ needs
- Take ownership of the Member Experience provided.
- Give and receive feedback for improvement.
- Continually learn for the benefit of the member.
2.Meets all established service goals.
3. Possess adequate product knowledge as measured by the annual product knowledge certification assessment.