SUMMARY: Tile and marble setters are responsible for making tabletops.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sets various size tiles using an epoxy adhesive on an aluminum honeycomb substrate.
- Must make sure that the outside perimeter of set tiles is set to the correct height using the plastic “U” height gauge.
- Ensure all the infield set tiles are even and level relative to the adjoining perimeter tiles.
- Not all tiles are flat across the top. Some tiles and have high & low spots that are part of the tiles design. Therefore, some unevenness will happen even when working diligently to make sure tiles are set at the proper height and are level relative to the adjoining tiles.
- Grout lines are to be kept to the smallest gap as possible.
- Because there are tile repeats in each tile collection, the setter needs to be conscience to make sure the tiles being used for a top appear to look random, as best as possible.
- Check with your lead if you suspect a particular tile has defect in it.
- Do not use tiles with obvious defects in it
- Quality must always be a top priority.
- All quality issues, rejects, out of specification, and the like need to be documented & sent for review to the Department Lead and then to the Production Manager, on a weekly basis.
SAFETY AND PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
- Understand thoroughly the Company’s worker and workplace safety policies and procedures.
- Always wear the required personal protective gear required for the job you’re doing.
- Watch for employees who are not wearing proper safety equipment or are committing safety violations, and report any incidents to your Lead, Supervisor or Manager as soon as possible.
- Notify the department Lead or Supervisor or Manager right away of any dangerous or unsafe situations immediately.
Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily in accordance with established standards and quality. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to read & use a tape measure.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Bilingual preferred.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Basic addition and subtraction, & the ability to add & subtract fractions.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Regular use of hands & fingers, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms (waist level). Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Must be able to perform job in a standing position for length of shift, typically 8 hours with the possibility of some over time, approx. 2 hours at a time.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics are typical of a semi-industrial/industrial work environment and are typical of those an employee would encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
There is occasional exposure to forklifts. There is exposure to cold or hot seasonal weather. The noise level in the work environment is moderate and comparable to a semi-industrial/industrial work environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Would like a least one year’s experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: None.
BENEFITS: OW Lee offers the following benefits to their employees after probation period:
- Medical, Dental & Vision including HSA/HMO/PPO Health Care Plans.
- $15,000 Life insurance at no cost to the employee with the option to purchase additional insurance for them and family at low rates.
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Vacation & Sick Pay
- 10 Paid Holidays
Starting at $15.00/hr