SUMMARY: The Ornamental Metals Fabricator will be responsible for creating custom protypes, jigs, and other projects utilizing the skills described below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fabricate custom items and equipment by cutting, forging, welding and other various techniques and equipment. Items include:
Steel and aluminum furniture prototypes
- Master jigs used in furniture assembly
- Customs storage racking and other factory equipment
- Gather required tools and materials based on instructions and specifications provided for the job.
- Maintain, organize, and clean equipment and work area as needed.
- Notify supervisor when faulty equipment or defective materials are discovered.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
Thorough understanding of machines and tools used in welding and forging including uses and maintenance of the following machines: Metal saws, tube and rod benders, grinders, sanders and a metal forge.
Proficient in MIG and TIG steel and aluminum welding
Basic understanding of tools necessary for the precise production of custom fabricated metal items.
Excellent ability to read and listen to assignments given in a variety of forms.
Basic understanding of mathematics as related to welding assignments.
Must be able to interpret CAD schematics with an exacting precision.
Must have the ability to problem solve while creating prototypes and jigs.
- Must be able to weld components that are flat, vertical, or overhead.
- Must have enough manual dexterity and stability as required for precision work.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
- Must be able to carry materials to a dedicated workspace while avoiding other materials that may be directly in the way of said workspace.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics are typical of a semi industrial/industrial work environment and are typical of those an employee would encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
There is occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts. There is exposure to cold or hot seasonal weather. The noise level in the work environment is moderate and comparable to a semi industrial/industrial work environment. Some welding fumes exist.
EXPERIENCE: 3 years min. experience working with both steel and aluminum in a custom capacity in the techniques described previously.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: None.
BENEFITS: OW Lee offers the following benefits to their employees after probation period:
- Medical, Dental & Vision including HSA/HMO/PPO Health Care Plans.
- $15,000 Life insurance at no cost to the employee with the option to purchase additional insurance for them and family at low rates.
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Vacation & Sick Pay
- 10 Paid Holidays
Starting at $17.00-$22.00/hr