SUMMARY: The Metal Fabricator in the Parts Department is responsible for the accuracy in filing requests, preparing internal / external orders. They are also responsible for assisting the team lead and supervisor to stay on schedule and complete batches on time and other tasks as assigned. The Parts Worker is responsible for accuracy and quality control.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the daily work of the parts department.
- Assist in ensuring the department stays on Production schedule maintain quality, and work to increase productivity & improve efficiencies and reduce errors.
- Responsible for working safely and ensuring that those around you are as well.
- Make sure all machinery, lights, fans & any personal items are turned off at the end of each shift.
- Work effectively & productively increasing production level daily.
- Make suggestions to his/her supervisor on how to motivate workers and improve processes in order to increase productivity and reduce costs.
- Apply a proactive approach to your daily work.
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting.
- Any use of overtime needs to be approved by mangement prior to employee working overtime.
GENERAL EXPECTATIONS – SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- Have a positive attitude and a proactive, professional demeanor.
- Have a good understanding of how to cut, bend, fabricate both steel & aluminum materials.
- Capable of understanding measurements and measuring accurately
- Capable of welcoming constructive criticism.
- Communicate regularly when you see the dept is starting to get to far ahead or falling behind schedule or when we see issues that need to be addressed by your team
- lead / supervisor or higher up the chain of command.
- Be highly organized.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Able to identify and resolve problems proactively and expediently.
- Dependable & deadline oriented.
- Be able to perform multiple tasks and work with diverse personalities
- Be able to follow verbal & written directions & instructions.
- Bilingual English & Spanish preferred.
- Quality must always be a top priority.
- Responsible for clearly communicating any quality shortfalls, errors to Team Lead / Supervisor so that a predictable & measurable level of quality is maintained within department.
- Continuously maintaining a consistent, quality product is very important, and must be made a priority.
- Communicate all quality issues, rejects, out of specification jigs or tooling, and the like, to the Team Lead / Supervisor immediately.
- Assists in investigating causes of damages or mistakes.
SAFETY AND PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
- Employee will get help when lifting any items over 50lbs or that are large & bulky.
- Use proper lifting technique and turning procedures using your legs and not your back.
- Do not use any machinery you have not been trained to safely operate.
- You must wear a rubber sole work type shoe (no sneakers). Full length work type pants and a work type shirt.
- Observe all safety policies & procedures designated for the dept. including the wearing of appropriate PPE.
- Check equipment periodically to make sure it is in good operating condition. Report any concerns to Team Lead / Supervisor immediately.
Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily in accordance with established standards and quality. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: English & Spanish speaking preferred. English reading a must.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Basic addition and subtraction & the ability read and understand measurements.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Regular use of hands and fine manipulation of fingers, handle, grip and reach with hands and arms (waist level). Must be able to lift, move, carry, push and pull up to 50 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to perform job in a standing position for length of shift, typically 8 hours with the possibility of some over time, approx. 2 hours at a time. The Parts Dept. lead position can be semi-strenuous work requiring good vision, lifting, stooping, kneeling, bending, reaching, pulling, tugging, standing and walking from one workstation to another
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics are typical of a semi-industrial/industrial work environment and are typical of those an employee would encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
There is occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts. There is exposure to cold or hot seasonal weather. The noise level in the work environment is moderate and comparable to a semi-industrial/industrial work environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma preferred. 0-6 months experience preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Forklift certified a plus.
BENEFITS: OW Lee offers the following benefits to their employees after probation period:
- Medical, Dental & Vision including HSA/HMO/PPO Health Care Plans.
- $15,000 Life insurance at no cost to the employee with the option to purchase additional insurance for them and family at low rates.
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Vacation & Sick Pay
- 10 Paid Holidays
Starting at $15.00/hr