Who We Are
Oil Filtration Systems® joined the Clark-Reliance® family in 2010. OFS has become the leader in innovation related to oil and fuel filtration products manufacturing. We have accomplished this by focusing on our customer’s needs and requirements. Our triumphs have been made possible by our dedicated, highly qualified and experienced employees.
What is a Field Operations Tech?
The Field Operations Tech is responsible for assisting reps, OFS salespeople, and end-users with any field requirements, including new and old system trouble-shooting and repair, flushing and filtration services, and tank clean-outs.
What We’re Looking For
The ideal candidate likes to travel as the position requires frequent and lengthy overnight stays while on job sites. Also, one year mechanical experience with pumps, motors, valves and fluid dynamic is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Perform on a daily basis oil reclamation and flushing services based on customer orders with frequent overnight stays required.
2. Maintain and prepare OFS equipment (systems, hoses, fittings, etc.) for use.
3. Based on work orders, load and unload appropriate materials and equipment onto and off commercial trucks using own strength, tow motors, or with assistance from others.
4. Flexible to travel and visit customer locations for on-site services.
5. Operate various truck types (tanker, tractor trailer, straight truck, pick up, etc.) with manual and/or automatic transmissions.
6. Prepare paperwork and documentation supporting customer billing and project reporting.
7. Understand basic hydraulics and lubrication fundamentals.
8. Understand fluid cleanliness requirements for various industrial machinery and equipment.
9. Understand operating principles for components of reclamation and equipment, and operate the equipment effectively with little or no supervision.
10. Operate pieces of equipment like pumps, generators, centrifuges, and other filtration and flushing equipment.
11. Utilize small and large tools, hoists, dollies, and other devices when necessary.
12. Develop and maintain good relationships and communications with customer personnel; expediently responds to meet customer requirements; draws a balance between customer needs and operational objectives.
13. Demonstrate commitment to constantly achieve quality standards related to clean oil and flushing services and oil returned to customers.
14. Demonstrate safe and cautious work ethics, practices, and awareness to avoid unsafe or unsound environmental or quality results.
15. Know, understand, and adhere to DOT and all customer safety requirements.
16. Assist in maintaining trucks and equipment in good working condition in accordance with Company or DOT requirements.
17. Run business errands.
18. Interact and communicate with all levels of employees within the Company, as well as suppliers, customers and peers effectively.
19. Comply with policies, procedures, standards and rules of the Company.
20. Maintain work area in a clean, orderly and safe manner.
21. Punctual, regular and consistent attendance.
22. Perform all other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Education
• High School diploma or equivalent. Technical Associates degree preferred. • One year mechanical experience with pumps, motors, valves and fluid dynamics is preferred. • One year experience within the Oil, Fuel or Fluid Power Industries preferred. • Knowledge of filtration equipment with previous employment at a filtration manufacturer or representative preferred. • Familiarity with ISO fluid cleanliness standards preferred. • Familiarity with pump curves, flow rate and pressure drop calculations preferred. • Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred. • Successful passing of a routine motor vehicle report. • The ability to obtain a DOT Medical Examiner's Certificate (as required) and Commercial Driver's License (CDL) (as required).
Physical and Technical Environment
• Must regularly lift or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds, using proper lifting techniques or other available resources such as lifting or moving equipment or help from another employee. • Regularly required to walk or stand, bend or twist, climb, reach with hands or arms. • Normal vision and manual dexterity. • Must respond to changing requirements and working conditions. • Clean and orderly manufacturing environment, some exposure to electrical and mechanical hazards. • Travel required. • While on job sites: Exposure to noise, dust, heat and cold on a regular basis. Separate exposure to machine and tool hazards requiring care and attention to safety rules and standards. • Overtime required at periodic intervals to respond to project deadlines. • Variable environments, customers with varying temperaments, changing deadlines and project assignments. • Works above the rafters, in mechanical rooms, uses ladders, and may be subject to dirt, noise, electricity and extreme temperatures.
Benefits and Perks
- 401(k) Profit Sharing
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Career Development Opportunities
- Training Opportunities
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefit Plans
- Paid Vacation
- Wellness Programs
More about Oil Filtration Systems®
Oil Filtration Systems® manufactures Oil Purification Equipment designed to remove contamination (water, particulate, varnish, and/or entrained gases) from a wide variety of fluids, including Turbine Oil, Hydraulic Oil, Gear Oil, and Fuel Oil (#2 Diesel Fuel). We also operate the largest, newest, and best maintained Rental Fleet of highly advanced oil and fuel purification equipment in the industry. In addition, our Field Services Division has highly qualified and experienced technicians performing a variety of filtration and flushing services worldwide. We mobilize quickly for emergency outages, scheduled outages, routine maintenance, and pre-commissioning of new equipment.
WE SET THE STANDARD FOR OIL PURIFICATION™
About Clark-Reliance Corporation
Clark-Reliance is a world class manufacturing company, serving customers in over 120 countries in the power generation, refining, gas processing, and chemical industries. The company is dedicated to supplying the largest and broadest product line in the instrumentation industry for all types of measurement and control. Key acquisitions over the last few decades have solidified Clark-Reliance as a leader in the separation and filtration industries as well.
Note: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not construed to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer- M/F/Disabled/Vet