Who We Are
Oil Filtration Systems® joined the Clark-Reliance® family in 2010. OFS has become the leader in innovation related to oil and fuel filtration products manufacturing. We have accomplished this by focusing on our customer’s needs and requirements. Our triumphs have been made possible by our dedicated, highly qualified and experienced employees.
What is an Electrical Technician?
The Electrical Technician is responsible to Assemble mechanical parts of electrical equipment. Test actions of moving parts. Verify completed assembly against pictorial drawings. The hours for this position is 7:00am-3:30pm.
What We’re Looking For
The ideal candidate will have at least one year experience setting-up and wiring industrial control panels and skids. Experience with motors, drives and working with electrical controls in an industrial environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assemble and wire control panels for new and under construction equipment.
2. Wire machine controls, including displays, indicator lights, sensors, photo-eyes, solenoids, motors, relays, etc.
3. Troubleshoot panels, equipment and control circuits with minimal documentation.
4. Assist with installation, start up and troubleshooting of equipment.
5. Assist with calculations, preliminary sketches, and material specifications based on engineering data, manuals, diagrams, verbal and/or written instruction and defined concepts.
6. Responsible for technical investigations, evaluation, instruction, design or development usually quite specialized
7. Assemble complete major systems and complex and unique electromechanical units working under close direction.
8. Test actions of moving parts.
9. Verify completed assembly against pictorial drawings.
10. Effectively perform material handling activities such as crating, packing, shipping, receiving, picking, lifting, moving and using materials handling equipment when necessary. (such as: lift trucks, tow motors, cranes, high lifts, etc.)
11. Review P&ID, e-schematics, and estimating tasks during product development.
12. Provide field technical assistance concerning problems encountered with customer installations and repair.
13. Comply with all safety procedures in each area assigned, including but not limited to, wearing protective clothing, special handling of chemicals, special handling of product, safety/rescue equipment usage, etc.
14. Comply with policies, procedures, standards and rules of the Company.
15. Maintain work area in a clean, orderly and safe manner. 16. Punctual, regular and consistent attendance.
17. Perform all other job-related duties as assigned 18. Mechanical assembly. 19. Utilize small and large tools, hoists, dollies, and other devices when necessary. 20. Interact and communicate with all levels of employees within the Company, as well as suppliers, customers and peers effectively.
Required Experience and Education
• High school diploma or equivalent. Able to read, write, and follow verbal instructions in Standard English. Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred. • Technical degree or certificate preferred. (electronics or industrial controls) • One year experience setting-up and wiring industrial control panels and skids. • Experience with motors, drives and working with electrical controls in an industrial environment. • Ability to work cooperatively with others, taking directions from drawings or verbal instructions. • Ability to create wiring diagrams, PLC ladder diagrams, PLC programs, electrical schematics as needed. • Ability to troubleshoot simple control circuits. • Ability to use electrical and mechanical tools, including meters, buzz lights, wrenches, screwdrivers and drills. • Basic understanding of mathematics. • Ability to read simple blueprints and technical specifications. • Ability to handle non-routine, standard projects and tasks.
Physical and Technical Environment
• Must regularly lift or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds, using proper lifting techniques or other available resources such as lifting or moving equipment or help from another employee. • Regularly required to walk or stand, bend or twist, climb, reach with hands or arms. • Clean and orderly manufacturing environment, some exposure to electrical and mechanical hazards. • Exposure to noise, dust, heat and cold on a regular basis. • Overtime required to respond to project deadlines. • Exposure to machine and tool hazards requiring care and attention to safety rules and standards. • Must respond to changing requirements and working conditions.
Benefits and Perks
- 401(k) Profit Sharing
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Career Development Opportunities
- Training Opportunities
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefit Plans
- Paid Vacation
- Wellness Programs
More about Oil Filtration Systems®
Oil Filtration Systems® manufactures Oil Purification Equipment designed to remove contamination (water, particulate, varnish, and/or entrained gases) from a wide variety of fluids, including Turbine Oil, Hydraulic Oil, Gear Oil, and Fuel Oil (#2 Diesel Fuel). We also operate the largest, newest, and best maintained Rental Fleet of highly advanced oil and fuel purification equipment in the industry. In addition, our Field Services Division has highly qualified and experienced technicians performing a variety of filtration and flushing services worldwide. We mobilize quickly for emergency outages, scheduled outages, routine maintenance, and pre-commissioning of new equipment.
WE SET THE STANDARD FOR OIL PURIFICATION™
About Clark-Reliance Corporation
Clark-Reliance is a world class manufacturing company, serving customers in over 120 countries in the power generation, refining, gas processing, and chemical industries. The company is dedicated to supplying the largest and broadest product line in the instrumentation industry for all types of measurement and control. Key acquisitions over the last few decades have solidified Clark-Reliance as a leader in the separation and filtration industries as well.
Note: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not construed to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer- M/F/Disabled/Vet