Be a part of our team and make a difference in our residents’ lives and your life, too. We do more than offer jobs, we offer careers and a great place to work. Come join our growing team at our state-of-the-art Menger Springs Senior Living Community, located in the beautiful Boerne, TX, just north of San Antonio. We welcome you to join our team as we work together to provide the best retirement experience for all our residents at our CCRC. We are seeking a positive, compassionate, customer service-focused team member for the Utility Aide position. We are excited to have you meet our team where we believe in our core anchors of people first, compassionate action, and respectful communication; able to work in a team environment always, now, and everywhere.
The primary purpose of this job position is to be responsible for general kitchen sanitation and washing of pots and dishes in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, with our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the Head Cook, Team Leader, and/or Director of Dining Services, to assure that quality service is provided at all times
- Set up dish machine
- Fill pot sinks
- Wash dishes, glasses, and silver
- Wash pots and pans.
- Maintain areas in a clean as you go condition
- Check trash cans continuously.
- Keep dish and pot areas orderly and clean.
- Return clean dishes and pots to proper storage areas
- Deliver and pick up room service trays.
- Sort silverware frequently.
- Sweep and mop all floors in the kitchen and storage rooms.
- Break down dish machine and clean.
- Clean and organize pot sinks.
- Promotes lean, safe, and neat environment for residents, self and staff.
- Demonstrates knowledge of fire safety procedures and assists with evacuation of residents to a safe location in the event of fire or other emergencies.
- Cooperates with staff of other departments in performing job duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: Must have sufficient education to be able to read, write, and follow oral and written directives in English.
- Training and Experience: Some kitchen experience is desirable.
- Certifications/Licenses: None required.
- Job Knowledge: Should be familiar with basic food preparation tasks and should know how to maintain a sanitary work area.
Benefits You Can Expect:
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
Paid Time Off
Mileage Stipend available to eligible employees
Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
401(k) with Company Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Compassionate Action Relief for Employees C.A.R.E Fund
Paid Jury Duty and Bereavement Leave
Loewenberg Caregiver Scholarship
Academy for Career Excellence Program
Continuing Education (Relias Training)
Employee Referral Bonus Program