Be a part of our team and make a difference in our residents’ lives and your life, too. We do more than offer jobs, we offer careers and a great place to work. Come join our growing team at our state-of-the-art Menger Springs Senior Living Community, located in the beautiful Boerne, TX, just north of San Antonio. We welcome you to join our team as we work together to provide the best retirement experience for all our residents at our CCRC. We are seeking a positive, compassionate, customer service-focused team member for the Server position. We are excited to have you meet our team where we believe in our core anchors of People First...Always, Compassionate Action...Now, and Respectful Communication...Everywhere.
- Full Time Entry Level
- Any Shift
- Server - Menger House - Boerne, TX
Works under the direct supervision of the Dining Room Manager to provide overall service to the customers (residents and guests) of the dining room. Provides table services duties for the dining room area and catered events. Assists customers with food selections and provides efficient delivery of food and beverages. Responsibilities include resetting areas for the next service/meal and working in other Nutritional Services areas as assigned by supervisor on an as-needed basis. Adheres to and complies with established Morningside Ministries regulatory agencies policy standard practices and procedures. Incumbent must provide outstanding customer service in a friendly manner. Ability to identify issues of concern and report them to supervisor as needed for follow-up and to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Education: Must have sufficient education to be able to read, write, and follow oral and written directives in English.
- Training and Experience: Some kitchen experience is desirable.
- Certifications/Licenses: None required.
- Job Knowledge: Should be familiar with basic food preparation tasks and should know how to maintain a sanitary work area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sets up assigned work station with all necessary supplies prior to serving times and replenishes supplies such as flatware, dishes, condiments, etc. as needed.
- Greets customers in a courteous manner and assists with questions (i.e. table reservations, etc.).
- Answers questions and makes suggestions regarding food and service, records orders, relays orders to production area, and serves courses to customers.
- Observes customer to fulfill any additional requests and to perceive when meal has been completed.
- Clears table as needed while customers are enjoying meal, then cleans and resets table for next service.
- Follows unit procedures for recording and presenting order to the customer and determining if meal is part of resident’s meal plan.
- Cleans assigned areas by following established cleaning schedules and procedures for service areas.
- Identifies safety and sanitation hazards and report them immediately to the Supervisor or management.
- Follows Standards of Operations for food handling and storage, and department safety and sanitation procedures.
- Assists with dishwashing duties as needed and as assigned by Supervisor.
- Attends department meetings and in-service programs.
- Assists in training new employees.
- Assists with floral arrangement duties as needed and as assigned by Supervisor.
- Complies with all established Morningside Ministries policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
BENEFITS YOU CAN EXPECT
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off (ask the Supervisor about the great accrual rate and Cash Out opportunities)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Jury Duty and Bereavement Leave
- Team Work and Supportive Supervisors
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org