Be a part of our team and make a difference in our residents’ lives and your life, too. We do more than offer jobs, we offer careers and a great place to work. Come join our growing team at our state-of-the-art Menger Springs Senior Living Community, located in the beautiful Boerne, TX, just north of San Antonio. We welcome you to join our team as we work together to provide the best retirement experience for all our residents at our CCRC. We are seeking a positive, compassionate, customer service-focused team member for the LVN PRN. We are excited to have you meet our team where we believe in our core anchors of people first, compassionate action, and respectful communication; able to work in a team environment always, now, and everywhere.
Administers nursing care to residents within an assigned unit. Maintains accurate records reflecting the resident's condition, medications, and treatments. Administers medications and notes reactions. Assigns duties to ancillary nursing staff based on resident's needs, available staff and unit needs. Directs and supervises ancillary nursing staff in the delivery of care. Accompanies physicians on rounds to answer questions, receive instructions and note resident's care requirements.
- Assists in maintaining a physical, social and psychological environment in the best interests of residents. Ensures resident rights are maintained at all times.
- Monitors residents within state licensure regulations; supervises and directs nursing assistants where allowed by state licensure regulations.
- Assists in writing care plans based on resident needs and change of condition.
- Obtains and administers medication and treatments as prescribed by physician. Documents and reviews medication and treatment sheets for accuracy and compliance with physician orders, professional standards, federal and state regulations and company policy.
- Monitors responses to care treatment plans. Possesses knowledge of medication interactions and notifies Nursing Supervisor or designee of any issues. Adheres to company systems, processes and procedures.
- Counts controlled substances with off going nurse or designee; secures and corrects reconciliation of controlled substances during shift.
- Ensures cleanliness and organization of medicine supply room and security of discontinued medicine in accordance with federal and state regulations and company policy.
- Assists with discharge process relevant to medication and treatment orders.
- Possesses knowledge of OSHA regulations, infection control standards, and emergency procedures.
- Follows policies and procedures to ensure resident safety.
- Documents all pertinent information regarding nursing care, care plans and observation of resident overall condition.
- Attends training to maintain skill level and remain current in emerging healthcare trends.
1. Education: Graduation from an accredited school of vocational nursing with a current license from the Texas State Board of Vocational Nurse Examiners.
2. Training and Experience: Previous experience as an L.V.N. is preferred.
3. Certifications/Licenses: Maintain current, valid license from the Texas State Board of Vocational Nurse Examiners. Maintain current CPR Certification.
4. Job Knowledge: Knowledge of general nursing theory and practice, preferably in the area of geriatrics, for a better understanding of resident care problems.
Morningside Ministries Immunization Policy: All employees will be required to receive or show proof of receipt of an approved COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, except where a legally authorized religious or medical (not personal preference) or otherwise legally protected exemption is established. Reasonable accommodations such as Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) like face masks, face shields and other protective equipment or safety measures may be identified as reasonable accommodations enabling the performance of essential job functions.
Morningside Ministries is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Morningside Ministries Core Anchors are People First…Always; Compassionate Action…Now; and Respectful Communication…Everywhere.