Be a part of our team and make a difference in our residents’ lives and your life, too. We do more than offer jobs, we offer careers and a great place to work. Come join our growing team at our state-of-the-art Menger Springs Senior Living Community, located in the beautiful Boerne, TX, just north of San Antonio. We welcome you to join our team as we work together to provide the best retirement experience for all our residents at our CCRC. We are seeking a positive, compassionate, customer service-focused team member for the Cook position. We are excited to have you meet our team where we believe in our core anchors of people first, compassionate action, and respectful communication; able to work in a team environment always, now, and everywhere.
Prepares food for residents, guests, and employees, and maintains high standards of quantity food production.
1.Prepares food to meet requirements;
2. Maintains standards of cleanliness/sanitation in food preparation and serving area throughout work shift;
3. Bakes desserts and rolls, makes salads, special function cakes, trays, set-ups, etc.;
4. Requisitions and stores food and supplies;
5. Maintains efficient standards of operations;
6. Plans for acceptable use of leftovers within 48 hours; properly covers, labels, and stores leftovers before end of shift;
7. Check food temperature and appearance of food;
8. Times preparation of foods; and
9. Supervises Hospitality Associates and Cibolo House Associates.
1. Education: Must have sufficient education to be able to read, write, make simple calculations, and be able to follow oral and written directions.
2. Training and Experience: One or two years of experience in quantity food preparation is desirable.
3. Certifications/Licenses: Texas Department of Health Food Service Manager Certification, or ability to obtain.
4. Job Knowledge: Must be thoroughly familiar with foods and their preparation methods, and cooking temperatures for best utilization and yield of meats and other foods.
Morningside Ministries Immunization Policy: All employees will be required to receive or show proof of receipt of an approved COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, except where a legally authorized religious or medical (not personal preference) or otherwise legally protected exemption is established. Reasonable accommodations such as Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) like face masks, face shields and other protective equipment or safety measures may be identified as reasonable accommodations enabling the performance of essential job functions.
Morningside Ministries is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Morningside Ministries Core Anchors are People First…Always; Compassionate Action…Now; and Respectful Communication…Everywhere
Benefits You Can Expect:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Compassionate Action Relief for Employees C.A.R.E Fund
- Paid Jury Duty and Bereavement Leave
- Loewenberg Caregiver Scholarship
- Academy for Career Excellence Program
- Continuing Education (Relias Training)
- Employee Referral Bonus Program