Boerne is a small town rich in German history and home to a thriving craft brewery scene. Add to that its rich cuisine and cool music venues and you have the perfect place to work!
28 Songs Brewhouse + Kitchen will be the newest and coolest addition to the Boerne beer and food scene, a place for hard-working folks to gather and enjoy a wide variety of fresh beers brewed on site served up with Hill Country-inspired made-to-order food. Our success will depend on these basic principles: serving the highest quality products, appreciating our guests, respecting our staff, and giving back to the community that supports us.
We are now accepting applications for our anticipated March 2023 opening!
Our Beertenders are the face of our business and must deliver exceptional customer service to our guests. They must be able to guide patrons in selecting beers, using beer style and flavor knowledge to explain our products and make recommendations. Finally, the beertender will maintain a clean and well-stocked bar area and taproom.
Bring your passion for craft beer, positive attitude, outgoing and sociable personality, exceptional people skills, ability to stay calm under pressure, and willingness to rollup sleeves and get “in the trenches” with the team to this important position.
- Greet guests promptly and courteously, and serve them in a timely manner
- Pour beverages efficiently and be mindful of waste
- Educate guests on our beer portfolio and brand history, as well as our company culture
- Handle complaints and/or concerns of guests promptly and tactfully
- Ensure lawful compliance and safety by making sure all customers consuming alcohol are of legal drinking age
- Follow alcohol awareness procedures for preventing intoxication and dealing with intoxicated guests
- Follow bar and taproom cleanliness procedures and maintain daily clean logs
- Maintain clean glassware through proper wash, rinse, and sanitize techniques
- Stock beer and retail merchandise in the taproom
- Ensure proper payment for all cash and credit sales
- Learn and operate the point-of-sale and draft systems
- Attend brewery staff meetings
- Perform other tasks as required
- Demonstrated work experience talking about and serving craft beer
- Knowledge of the brewing process and draft systems
- Understand the POS technology
- Knowledge of local and state regulations related to alcohol service and health code compliance
- Excellent customer service skills and management abilities in a fast-paced work environment
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends
- TABC certification
- Cicerone Certified Beer Server (can be obtained after onboarding)
- Stand for long periods of time
- Perform repetitive motions of the hands and/or wrists frequently including, but not limited to, grasping, pulling, and reaching
- Crouch, kneel, and bend periodically
- Lift objects weighing up to 35 pounds unassisted; manage and move full kegs weighing 165 pounds with assistance
Reports to: Taproom Manager
Anticipated start date: March 2023
How to apply: Send contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org with resume or job history/experience.
28 Songs Brewing Company LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Offers of employment will be contingent upon a clean reference and background check.