JOB LOCATION: Chamber Office, 121 South Main St. Boerne, TX 78006
The Director of Programs & Events is responsible for coordinating all Chamber special events and programs, including obtaining volunteers, keeping records of each event and making reports and comparisons of events from year to year. Adheres to the organizations revenue projections and holds judiciary responsibly for events planned. Events include, but are not limited to the, Annual Awards and/or Auction, Networking Events, Annual Golf Tournament, Business Expo, Business After Hours Events, Seminars and all other events as they are developed.
- Create and manage timeline for event schedule and develop short and long-term strategy for resources and communication.
- Establish event budgets and provide periodic progress reports to staff directors for each event project.
- Responsible for event administration to include but not limited to event financials and preparing event contracts.
- Oversee planning and logistics for all organization events, meetings, and conferences to meet event revenue goals per event.
- Assesses event objectives and determine most cost-effective means to deliver results.
- Establish vendor relationships and preferred vendor pricing for all aspects of event planning.
- Create event sponsorship packages and lead the solicitation and securing of sponsorships.
- Coordinate and lead all event planning and production meetings/discussions to meet these organizational objectives.
- Manage members, sponsors, vendors and organization’s expectations with clear and persuasive communication.
- Proactively identify opportunities and solutions for improvement of events.
- Work with entire staff to promote events, meetings, and conferences to increase participation and add value to membership services.
- Organize and lead collaboration with the Vice President of Marketing on event concept, graphic design/production/printing, and event marketing for distribution to the membership in a timely manner to assure success of events.
- Proven experience as event manager with a minimum of years’ experience in event management and/or project management.
- Customer-service oriented and a team player with leadership skills.
- Demonstrable interpersonal and organizational skills including flexibility, the ability to take direction, and the ability to multi-task.
- The ability to participate in some after-hours and occasional weekend functions.
- Computer proficient in database software as well as Microsoft office systems including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Photoshop, and the Internet.
- Experience in event planning and execution and negotiating contracts and working with vendors.
- The ability to obtain sponsorships for various programs and events to produce non-dues revenue to meet budgetary requirements for operation of the organization as determined annually by the budget committee and approved by the board.
- Knowledge of membership database for use in event planning, tracking, and reporting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.