Are you mechanically inclined when it comes to vehicles? If so, the City of Boerne Fleet Department is looking for a new Team Member!
- Assists in maintaining city vehicles and equipment by changing and repairing tires on vehicles and road equipment, changing fluid and filters in vehicles, including lawn mowers, tractors, autos, street sweepers, sewer vac equipment, front-end loaders, backhoes, Fire trucks, etc. and performing other preventive and/or corrective maintenance duties;
- Diagnoses and repairs engine and mechanical problems on vehicles and equipment;
- Repair starting and charging systems;
- Perform tune-ups;
- Replace water pumps, belts, and hoses;
- Repairs clutches, transmissions, brakes, suspension, rear-ends, and tires on city vehicles and equipment;
- Basic electrical repairs on city vehicles and equipment;
- Performs on-site repairs as directed;
- Orders and picks up various automotive parts; and
- Maintains garage and other work areas.
Other Important Duties
- May operate city equipment, as required;
- Serves as essential emergency personnel when required;
- Regular and prompt attendance is an essential function of the position; and
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of: auto mechanics and the operation and repair of heavy equipment.
Skill/Ability to: understand and follow instructions; repair hydraulic systems, engines, and heavy equipment; read wiring diagrams and hydraulic oil circuits; diagnose problems and repair vehicles; work with a variety of hand and power tools; maintain accurate records of purchases and expenses for budget control; establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and other city department personnel; and maintain Texas driver’s license applicable to job responsibilities and good driving record.
Safety/Physical Requirements: Heavy. Tasks involve bending, lifting, walking, carrying, and using a force equal to ninety (90) pounds.
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
High school graduation, or its equivalent, plus training as a mechanic and at least one year of experience in automotive repair, including some experience with heavy equipment repair;
or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED
Valid Class B Texas driver’s license.
$18.33-$22.91 hourly DOE
Position open until filled
The City of Boerne is an Equal Opportunity Employer