Are you a team player who enjoys working outside, with animals? Our non-profit needs you!
Open T.R.A.I.L. Ranch is a 501c3, nonprofit organization providing equine assisted services to special needs individuals. The Ranch/Barn hand will perform the duties below (plus others as assigned) and will interact with volunteers, staff and participants at the barn.
Guaranteed 20 hours a week.
$12+/hour depending on experience and performance.
Potential to grow into a management position for motivated candidate.
Typical duties of Barn/Ranch Hand (general but not a complete list):
- Tuesday and Sunday, 5-7pm for PM feeding
- Wednesday through Saturday, 3-7pm for chores and PM feeding
- Stall cleaning
- Running manure spreader
- Dumping/filling water buckets
- Bringing in horses
- Dragging arena
Additional ranch and barn duties will be assigned as needed, including but not limited to:
- Dump and scrub arena troughs
- Spray weeds growing on walkways and in arenas or fence lines
- Ensure fly predators are put out
- Give order to Executive Director for any supplies needed
- Reposition any mats in stalls out of place or wash rack areas (indoor and outdoor)
- Have valid driver’s license,
- Be able to lift 50 pounds,
- Work outside in the elements,
- Be a team player with good communication,
- Have reliable transportation,
- Have good time management skills,
- Pass background check and drug testing.
Employees may be called in to cover other shifts with advanced notice.
Please submit resume or any questions to email@example.com!