Assists the utility and construction departments with a variety of duties including answering telephone calls, scheduling, administering parts and materials inventory, preparing billing information, and various other administrative duties to improve the overall efficiency and coordination of utility department activities and interactions with others.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains duty roster of individuals on call and standby for after-hours service calls and distributes duty roster to dispatch, customer service, and management.
- Maintains department work schedules and project lists, tracks and schedules construction and special maintenance projects, new service installations, main replacements, conductor replacements, etc.
- Maintains the Utilities central filing system of all correspondence for filing active and completed city projects, commercial and residential subdivisions. Assist with the scanning of all plans and plats for records retention.
- Maintains the banner display process, ensuring customer payments and the delivery and hanging of banners on a bi-weekly basis.
- Schedules appointments for utility department superintendents and other department personnel as needed.
- Performs miscellaneous administrative and clerical tasks such as ordering office supplies, writing and filing of letters and documentation, maintaining contact information, coordinating customer inquiries and responses.
- Maintains inventory control system, logs deliveries and use of parts and materials, processes construction orders for work performed, assists in ordering of parts to maintain appropriate stock levels.
- Performs inventory counts, recounts, and reconciliations, establishing schedules for counts, prepares lists, forms, etc. to aid in counts, and coordinates reconciliations with supervisor/management and Finance Department.
- Receives, processes, and tracks utility locate requests and coordinates locate activities with requestors, delivers locate requests for excavation to be performed by utility construction departments and coordinates with other utilities for locates.
- Assures that appropriate records are timely and maintained; and that appropriate periodic and special reports are prepared and distributed.
- Takes initiative and works as a productive team member supporting all departmental functions/tasks as needed.
- Contributes to and maintains positive moral city wide.
- Serves as essential emergency personnel when required.
- Regular and prompt attendance is an essential function of the position.
- Performs such other related duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Knowledge of utility operational practices and procedures, materials used in utility construction and maintenance, general inventory, and materials management practices.
Skill/Ability to: operate computer software for inventory control, prepare concise and accurate reports; demonstrate proficiency in both oral and written communication; operate standard computer word processing and spreadsheet software; establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public; and the ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
Safety/Physical Requirements: ability to lift/carry 25 lbs. of material; bending, stooping, and reaching as needed, climbing ladders and stairs, sitting stationary for extended periods of time.
- High School graduation, or its equivalent.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in public works, utility operations, or materials management at an administrative level; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must be bondable and possess a valid Texas Driver’s License
Salary: $22.28 - $24.35 Hourly DOQ
Closing Date: Until filled
The City of Boerne is an Equal Opportunity Employer.