The Science Mill seeks to fill a position as the museums’ Registrar. This critical position serves as the main point of contact for Field Trips, Summer Group Visits, Birthday Parties, and the coordination of the fulfillment of Labs on the Go and our Club program. Under the direction of the Operations Director, this position is joining an agile team that works on the museum’s front lines, ensuring that all administrative process moves smoothly and providing exemplary customer service to everyone they encounter.
Field Trips & Birthday Parties
• Responsible for direct sales for Field trips, Summer Group visits, Birthday parties, and upselling Learning Labs to meet budgeted targets
• Keep an accurate calendar of all group bookings, keeping the education team up to date as bookings come in.
Labs on the Go / Clubs
• Relaunch of our Labs on the Go program, where the Science Mill brings their unique blend of educational programs into schools across central Texas.
• Supports the fulfilment of LOTG and Club Program and provides administrative support for our Summer Camp Program
• Support our Summer Camp program through managing contracts, deliverables, and overall administrative support for summer camps
• Coordinates staff coverage for on-site and off-site Lab programs
• Coordinates with the Operations team to ensure that all educational supplies are prepped and ready for their classes.
• Coordinates with the operations regarding the prepping and mailing of Labs on the Go kits and summer camps
• Ensures that the Education department has all needed program supplies and materials in a timely fashion.
• Monitors program budget to ensure that sales targets are being met or exceeded
• Generating program invoices and following up to ensure that payment is received
• Assist with grant tracking for educational programs in coordination with the Manager of Finance
Marketing and promotions
• Works to develop marketing campaigns to support the programs under their management, including visiting schools throughout central Texas and attending events or meetings as needed.
Other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations
• Must be a great communicator both on the phone and in writing
• Must be able to prioritize tasks to address the most urgent items while still focusing on future bookings
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and deliver a top-quality product every time
• Detailed orientated
• Experience handling cash
• Team Player and a servant leader
• Must be able to meet the physical demands of program logistical support and have the ability to travel as needed
• Previous experience in informal education
• Previous experience managing a team of 3-6 people
• An entrepreneurial mindset is a plus
• Bilingual English/Spanish
• Experience working within a nonprofit based CRM system
• Experience in the Non-profit Sector, specifically museums