CLA is looking for a detail-oriented Senior Accountant to join the Business Operations practice in our San Antonio, TX office and work on clients in the Boerne/San Antonio area.
In this role, you will work at our San Antonio office, remotely and independently at client locations supported and supervised by a CLA Controller. You will be responsible for a variety of accounting, financial and operational services for our clients including processing complex transactions, completing account reconciliations, closing accounting periods, drafting financial statements, and supporting our clients’ accounting functions.
This position provides an outstanding opportunity to grow your career as you contribute to the success of clients’ businesses or organizations. This is a full-time, long-term career opportunity serving multiple CLA clients on a permanent, part-time basis; it is not an outsourced temporary position.
As Senior Accountant You Will:
transactions as part of the monthly, quarterly, and annual adjusting and closing process.
• Apply GAAP (FASB/SFAS) related to our clients’ specific industries.
• Prepare and review the general ledger, financial statements and required work papers
• Assist with preparing and reviewing financial and statistical reports, analyzing for
unusual items and notifying team leaders when necessary.
• Prepare and review payroll and payroll tax reporting
• Assist annually with preparation for the independent auditors
• Gain a thorough understanding of the financial operations of industry specific
engagements (i.e. nonprofit, healthcare, manufacturing, etc.)
• Identify accounting errors, research technical issues, and proactively resolve issues
• Assist with projects related to due diligence, system selection, and other consulting.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
experience will be considered
• 3+ years relative work experience as a staff or senior accountant or equivalent.
• Aptitude to develop a thorough working knowledge of accounting software and
systems, i.e. QuickBooks, Yardi, MRI, Timberline, Sage, Foundations.
• Proficiency with applicable software (including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, etc).
• Ability to travel to client sites
• Strong organization skills/goal orientation/self-motivation.
• Ability to handle pressure in a positive professional manner.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Communication that is clear, concise, and considerate of the needs of others.
• Ability to work cooperatively with others and value the different contributions people
• Proven success in managing work and key client relationships to exceed client
CLA exists to create opportunities for our people, our clients, and our communities. We are a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.