The Bookkeeper is responsible for, but not limited to, maintaining the day-to-day accounting functions, accruals, financial statement preparation, and performing general accounting functions, as required.
- Reconciles accounts and bank statements.
- Maintain various ledgers, registers and journals according to established account classifications.
- May audit invoices against Purchase orders; research discrepancies; approve for payment and post to the proper account, keeping a running balance of encumbrances to the funds in each of the accounts.
- Verifies, balances and adjusts accounts; prepares documentation for computer input; assists in resolving computer-related problems.
- Process accounts payable and receivable transactions
- Manage and monitor AR/AP and prepare payroll and tax filings;
- Research and answer employee and department questions regarding employee salaries and fringe benefits, the status of accounts and payments, the proper coding of transactions and other matters.
- Prepare a variety of financial statements and costs and statistical reports.
- Interpret computer reports.
- Verifies financial reports by running performance analysis software program.
- Determines value of depreciable assets by running depreciation software program.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Participate in the preparation of payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable as well as control and account verification of a centralized accounting system.
- Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database.
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
- Maintains accounting records by making copies; filing documents.
- Other related duties may also be performed assigned; not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual holding this classification.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently or as a team member.
- Convey a professional and positive image and attitude representing core company values and goals.
- Solid ability to use and understand QuickBooks online.
- Understand and demonstrate the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office software, particularly strong and advance skills in Excel.
- High-level skills in math.
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-tasking to meet changing deadlines.
- Excellent proofing skills producing error free documents.
- Practices good telephone etiquette skills, customer service, communication, and negotiation
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- Ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Must be responsible and reliable.
This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, and reach with hands and arms.
This job requires the employee to lift at least 15 lbs. infrequently.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Flexible work schedule due to nature of International sales.
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in accounting preferred.
- 3+ years recent bookkeeping experience.
Must be authorized to work in the United States
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mannapov LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Benefits include: PTO, Medical, Vision, Dental, Life, Short & Long Term Disability, Employee Referral program, paid holidays and more!
Job Type: Full-time
Please forward resume to email@example.com