The Bookkeeper is responsible for, but not limited to, maintaining the day-to-day accounting functions, accruals, financial statement preparation, and performing general accounting functions, as required.
- Reconciles accounts and bank statements.
- Maintain various ledgers, registers and journals according to established account classifications.
- May audit invoices against Purchase orders; research discrepancies; approve for payment and post to the proper account, keeping a running balance of encumbrances to the funds in each of the accounts.
- Verifies, balances and adjusts accounts; prepares documentation for computer input; assists in resolving computer-related problems.
- Process accounts payable and receivable transactions
- Other related duties may also be performed assigned.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Convey a professional and positive image and attitude representing core company values and goals.
- Understand and demonstrate the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office software, particularly strong skills in Excel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, and reach with hands and arms.
This job requires the employee to lift at least 15 lbs. infrequently.
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in Accounting preferred.
- 3+ years recent bookkeeping experience in lieu of degree.
Must be authorized to work in the United States
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Subject to National criminal background check and drug testing.
Benefits: Health, vision, dental, life, short and long term disability insurance. 401k, PTO, incentive program.