We are looking for a detail-oriented Assistant Controller to join the Business Operations (BizOps) practice in Boerne/San Antonio. As a member of CLA’s BizOps practice, you will be a member of the CLA client service team and will work directly with our clients to provide customized accounting services to support them as they manage and grow their business or organization.
We recognize that not everyone wants to grow their career paths in the same way. That is why CLA exists, to create opportunities. We promise to know you and help you.
In this role, you will work independently at client locations and report directly to the Principal in charge of the client relationship. You will be responsible for assisting in supervising the accounting team on each engagement which may include a combination of CLA staff and client staff. You will also be responsible for delivering timely and accurate financial statements and statistical information to the client’s leadership team as well as implementing financial and operational best practices related to the client’s specific industry.
This position provides an outstanding opportunity to grow your career as you contribute to the success of clients’ businesses or organizations. This is a full-time, long-term career opportunity serving multiple CLA clients on a permanent, part-time basis; it is not an outsourced temporary position.
• Analyze and interpret financial information that client leaders need to make sound
• Prepare financial reports for creditors, regulatory agencies, and tax authorities, and
• Review and monitor costs inherent in the business.
• Schedule expenditures, analyze variances, and identify corrective actions when
• Independently prepare financial statements.
• Maintain knowledge of client’s organizational policies and procedures, federal and state
policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
• Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of accounting software packages.
• 5 or more years of relative work experience as a Senior Accountant or equivalent. Public
accounting experience preferred.
• Aptitude to develop a thorough working knowledge of accounting software and
systems. QuickBooks experience is strongly preferred but not required.
• Proficiency with applicable software (including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, etc).
• Ability to travel to local client sites.
• Proven success in managing work and key client relationships to exceed client
• Strong organization skills/goal orientation/self-motivation.
• Ability to handle pressure in a positive professional manner.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Communication that is clear, concise, and considerate of the needs of others.
• Ability to work cooperatively with others and value the different contributions people
CLA exists to create opportunities for our people, our clients, and our communities. We are a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.