About Safety Town
Safety Town is an annual week-long summer program for kids entering kindergarten and hosted by the Boerne Police Department. The program teaches kids about various safety topics and allows them to interact with public safety officials in a positive and fun environment.
Safety Town meets Monday through Thursday from 9-11 a.m. during one week in July at a local elementary school. Graduation is held on Friday morning and family and friends are invited to attend.
Safety Town introduces kids to employees from several city departments, including the Police Department, Fire Department, Animal Services, and Emergency Medical Services. City employees teach the students about:
- Traffic Safety - Learn how to navigate stop signs, traffic lights, pedestrian rules, and cross walks.
- Stranger Safety - Learn what to do in situations involving strangers.
- Poison Safety - Learn the dangers of medicines and harmful household products.
- Stray Animals - Learn what to do around stray animals.
- Fire Safety - Learn about fire safety from firefighters.
- School Bus Safety - Learn about school bus safety and how to follow a bus driver's instructions.
Activities include the use of tricycles, big wheels, and pedal cars. If a child has a protective helmet, please send it with them for classes.
Registration for Safety Town 2022
Safety Town will be held July 11-15, 2022, at Curington Elementary. The registration deadline is June 24, 2022.
Click here to download a brochure and registration form. A registration fee of $35 is collected at sign up, and scholarships are available to help pay for the program.
For questions about Safety Town, email Cpl. Douglas Meuth or call (830) 357-2237.
This Hot Deal is promoted by Greater Boerne Chamber of Commerce.