Job Title: Bookkeeper/Payroll Assignment: Full-time
Special Knowledge/ Skills
- Proficiency with QuickBooks accounting software. (required)
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in bookkeeping. (required)
- Experience with general payroll functions including federal and state reports (required).
- Twelve (12) hours of college course work in accounting or bookkeeping (preferred)
****Selected applicants may be required to test in specialized fields and/or demonstrate skills by completing job simulations.
- Skill in accounting activities such as reconciliation, accounts payable, accounts receivable, account balance and adjusting journal entries.
- Skill in use of computer software related to word processing, spreadsheet and email/calendar programs (MS Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational skill.
- Efficient operation of a multi-line telephone system
- Proficient in the English language (written and verbal)
- Proficient in 10-key calculator
Email letter of introduction, resume, and references to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted by email only.
- Must interact pleasantly with clients by telephone, writing, and in person.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality in accordance with company policy.
- Perform and assume bookkeeping/clerical tasks under general guidance with a minimum of supervision.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Operate specialized office equipment (fax machine, scanners, printers, copiers, 10 key adding machine, postage machine)
- Must be able to readily change priorities while multi-tasking in an ever-changing environment.
- Must work overtime as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must work as a team member.